Rice and Peas
A quick dish derived from a Jamaican classic.
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks of scallion
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 habanero pepper
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker.
- Heat the coconut milk and red kidney beans in a pot on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, garlic, scallion, salt, pepper, and whole habanero to the pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then set to low heat until rice is ready.
- Add rice to the pot and stir until mixed well.